Wednesday, November 01, 2006

So it has begun...

Well, I am pounding away at it at last. Happiness reins in my heart, but as usual, not in my story or my characters. I have always had this slightly irritating realist streak in me. (Hehe, so maybe more than a streak...) And in my stories, the negative ending will most likely be the outcome.

I have realized that I oftentimes kill or imprison my characters in the end because it leaves a harder impact.

Now I am not saying this will or won't be the ending of my NaNo, but I decided I needed to say something about it.

My mom has said, "Why can't you write about...butterflies, or puppies or something..."

I can't, because it's not me. It's not real. People either see all the dark in the world, or try to ignore it and see the good.

This world is Satan's kingdom. There is more evil in it than there is good.

And, the words come out thus.

4 comments:

Eowyn_of_Rohan said...

Realism is good. I personally dislike stories that are full of unrealistic fluff. But there are happy endings in real life too . . . don't forget that!

Noelle said...

I know there are happy endings in real life. But, well, in general that's what people write about, there also are sad endings, more often than not...in my opinion. :)

Joelle said...

Oh not true, Satan is on a leash. He can do nothing without the heavenly father knowing. Nothing happens simply because Satan wants to make your life miserable, everything has a purpose, just as everyone has a purpose.

People see the world how they want to, they have their own worldview. This is either dark, or light or trying to be ignorant. Yes there is evil, but there is good in this world. Sin may have tainted everything, but never forget that it was still created by a perfect being. And that is what brings hope, from the God of hope.

Now stop being so negative, don't you make me go all theology major on you.

Noelle said...

*gulps* Yes, Heidi.